The WindDAS is designed to be used with our ultrasonic or mechanical anemometers. It is a digital graphical recorder which facilitates the display of wind speed and direction data. It has been specially designed to replace, or work alongside, the IM617 Digital Wind Display, IM175 Duplex Roll Chart Recorder and IM124A/IM125A Dial Indicators.
The WindDAS consists of a Main Recorder/Controller with a crystal-clear TFT LCD display (8.9 cm).
- Visualisation of wind conditions in real time in both numerical and graphical format.
- Automatic calculation and display of 2-minute and 10-minute average wind speeds and max/min gusts.
- Activation of visual alarm signals (as well as other relay driven systems) when threshold levels are breached.
- Data export to hard-drive or USB for long-term storage.
- Analysis and annotation of historical data at any time via specialised Review computer software.
- Integration within existing sensor networks or SCADA systems.
- Wireless transmission of data (please specify when requesting a quotation).
Extra touch-panel HMI screens can be added to the system. These synchronise with the main WindDAS controller through a Local Area Network (LAN) and present real-time data and trending patterns. This means that multiple screens can be located in different rooms or buildings within the LAN. Each screen can be operated independently by different stakeholders whilst still receiving the same data from the main WindDAS controller.
Another great feature of the WindDAS is that it can be integrated with other Munro or third-party equipment. This includes the first-generation IM146 In-Line Cup Anemometer & Wind Direction Vane, which will work with the WindDAS with the addition of a special interface unit.
The WindDAS can receive up to 8 different analogue sensor inputs and a further 64 Modbus sensors within a single system.
If required, Munro Instruments can design a bespoke WindDAS system matched exactly to specific site or project specifications. Options include wireless transmission of data (from sensor to WindDAS) and display customisation. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.