For those customers in possession of our standard Portable Skid Resistance Tester, we offer a conversion service to bring your instrument up to date with the latest features of the Intelligent Pendulum.
The Intelligent Pendulum incorporates a digital display (for greater measurement accuracy) and software functionality (to streamline and fortify the test procedure).
The Intelligent Pendulum’s improved functionality offers a number of advantages over that of its predecessor:
- The OLED digital display removes any element of human uncertainty from the measurement process (eliminating parallax error).
- The digital display displays instructions which guide the user through each step of the test procedure.
- Data is sent wirelessly between the device and software and is automatically stored.
- Detailed test reports can be generated instantly.
- Users have access to all past data.
- The time taken to conduct tests and issue reports is significantly reduced.
The Intelligent Pendulum conversion procedure involves the following steps:
- Incorporation of a sensor into the of the machine
- Mounting of a Digital Display onto the scale plate
- Addition of Bluetooth functionality for data transfer to laptop
- Provision of software for report generation and data storage.
Following the conversion, your machine will still be compliant with all relevant international standards and can be certified by the British Standards Institute (BSI) if required.
Health & Safety Laboratory (HSL) Report
A recent study by the UK Health & Safety Laboratory found that the Intelligent Pendulum was just as accurate as the non-digital, traditional model. The study also found a number of additional benefits:
- The risk of parallax error is eliminated because of the digital display.
- The on-screen instructions and prompts help to ensure correct use.
- Since data is automatically recorded and transmitted via Bluetooth to software, an excellent audit trail is created.
- The automatic recording of measurements removes the requirement for handwritten results.
A full copy of the report can be viewed here: HSL Report on Intelligent Pendulum.