The CH201 is a microcontroller-based smart charge controller that is ideal for charging 12 Vdc VRLA batteries. The charger uses MPPT
(maximum power point tracking) technology to safely manage amperage and voltage for optimal battery charging and longevity. It has dual inputs for use with a solar panel and/or any 15 to 50 Vdc charging source. The dual inputs provide the option for fail-safe charging. The CH201 also outputs various parameters to allow close monitoring of the battery and power usage via RS-232 or SDI-12.
In your system, use the CH201 to charge your battery and supply power to your peripherals and data logger. The 12 V output is regulated and switched, with the ability to charge a 12 V battery at a rate of 10 A.
Benefits and Features
• Dual inputs for simultaneous charging, allowing a fail-safe if one source drops out
• Real-time measurements of charging source voltages, battery voltage, battery charging current, load current, charge state, and on-board temperature, plus a check-battery flag
• Efficient continuously adaptive MPPT (maximum power point tracking)
• Two-step constant voltage charging and temperature compensation to optimize battery charging and increase battery life
• Reverse battery protection
• Programmable LVD (low-voltage disconnect) to protect batteries
• DevConfig user interface to change system parameters or install a new OS
• Two 15 to 50 Vdc inputs to accommodate multiple solar panels
• Synchronous rectification in the switching regulator for increased DC/DC conversion efficiency
• Individually programmable current limits on both of two inputs
• Solid-state circuit breaker for automatic reset and more precise trip current
• DC-to-DC converter with built-in output current control
• Serial communication wiring through three terminals.